- The next day proceed to Anuradhapura, the first capital city of the Sri Lanka flourished.
- As a most scared city for the Buddhists all over the world, it is filled with ancient Dagabas, monasteries, man-made water tanks and royal parks.
- The 8 scared sites in Anuradhapura (Sri Maha Bodhi, Ruwanwelisaya, Thuparamaya, Lowamahapaya,Abhayagiritya. Jetavanaramaya, Mirisawatiya and Lankaramay), considered as the most important places for Buddhist pilgrims.
- Visit Minhintale, a mountain peak in Anuradhapura
- Then visit Black water pond and Kuttam Pokuna to see the significant achievements in the field of hydrological engineering of the ancient Sinhalese.